The attorneys of the DSV Estates and Trusts Practice Group assist our clients in navigating the emotional and complex process of administering a loved one’s estate. Modern estate planning often involves a mixture of probate and non-probate assets, and our professionals are well equipped to administer a wide variety of assets comprising the decedent’s estate. We assist personal representatives and trustees in the assessment of the decedent’s objectives, and the implementation of appropriate strategies.
The DSV Estates and Trusts Practice Group offers the following estate administration services:
- Probate pleadings and records
- Communication with beneficiaries
- Management of distributions
- Federal estate and state inheritance returns
- Surviving spouse elections
- Estate property administration
- Retirement plan accounts
- Disclaimers and tax elections
- Transfers of real and personal property
- Accountings and related records
We work closely with fiduciaries, accountants and financial advisers to ensure that the decedent’s intentions are carried out through every step of the estate administration process.