DSV’s attorneys represent and advise clients on various environmental issues, including environmental contamination, permitting and regulatory compliance, environmental risk-management, mold and asbestos claims, cost recovery, green building practices, administrative claims, agency rule-making determinations, litigation and related insurance coverage issues.
DSV attorneys assist clients in environmental proceedings before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and related mediation and arbitration. Environmental issues and DSV’s practice in the area of green building and sustainability represents a collaboration among several practice areas with emphasis on construction, governmental services, and real estate needs for a multidisciplinary team approach of attorneys and other expert professionals to mitigate environmental concerns and to successfully attain green building and sustainability goals.
DSV’s attorneys work with clients involved in cost recovery or contribution suits for the investigation and clean-up of contaminated property. These suits often result from an underlying real estate transaction, a corporate merger or acquisition, through the permitting process, or from on-site testing activities. With three attorneys who have achieved accreditation as LEED AP BD+C, DSV is uniquely positioned to assist clients with legal issues related to green building and sustainability. Our ability to draw from the strengths of diverse practice groups members each with their own real estate experience, provides DSV with a big picture” or global view of how environmental issues can affect a project while creating a multi-faceted and cost-effective approach towards resolution.
DSV’s approach to environmental, green building, and sustainability legal services include:
- Contract drafting and review to address allocation of risk and responsibility for remediation, sustainable project goals, and green building certification;
- Assisting public and private clients with contract drafting and risk assessment for of alternative energy projects, facility compliance, and maintaining long term sustainability and regulatory compliance;
- Government consulting services to assist with sustainability planning, brownfield development and implementation to address state, local, and federal environmental regulations, green policies, and sounds sustainability and remediation practices;
- Risk management assessment for owners, design and environmental professionals and contractors involved with green building, remediation, and brownfield development projects; and
- Claims consultation and litigation related to sustainable projects goals, green building certification, environmental stewardship, redevelopment, and alternative energy projects.